The opening of the five-star St Pancras Renaissance Hotel London, hit the headlines for all the right reasons.
Costing around £200m to develop, the property was relaunched 138 years to the day it originally opened in the days of steam-powered locomotion as the Midland Grand Hotel.
Owned by Harry Handelsman of the Manhattan Loft Corporation, the Grade I-listed building features restaurant facilities including the Booking Office Bar & Restaurant, offering an all-day menu and open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also featured here are an array of punches and mixed drinks recreated from lost recipes from the Victorian era.
The hotel’s main kitchens were designed, specified and installed by catering equipment distributor Hansens, who chose Charvet because it manufactures high-power, high quality, competitively priced, very tough and durable equipment, which was especially suitable for this heavy duty application.
Charvet equipment installed includes: –
- 150 litre electric boiling pan, with an indirect heated water jacket and 18 kW rating
- Electric tilting 80 litre bratt pan, 12 kW
- Gas range with two solid tops and gas oven under, 26 kW
- Electric twin tank fryer, 16 litre, 80kg/hr output, 18 kW
- Gas single chargrill, 13 kW
- Gas boiling table with two open burners, 17 kW
- Gas range with four burner open top and gas oven under, 44 kW